Monday, September 13, 2021

Almost made it!

 I am a member of the Spikers (Northern Utah High School Rodeo Team).  I shoot trap (shotgun) and light rifle.  I had a pretty good year my freshman year.  I made it to the State Finals sitting in first place in trap.  I  felt pretty confident that I would realize my goal and make it to the National High School Finals Rodeo in Nebraska in July of 2021.  Unfortunately, fate had different plans.  I had some bad luck at state and moved from first to fifth and lost my chance to go compete.  I was able to participate at the Silver State International Rodeo in Winnemucca, NV.  I had a 3 way tie for first and after an intense shootout for first all the way back to the 27 yard line I ended up third.  I was pretty proud of my freshman year.  I learned a lot and have new goals!







No comments:

Post a Comment